Monday, June 1, 2009

vegetarian life goodbye

Thanks to a wonderful barbecue cook, I ate meat yesterday. I myself still can't believe it. Already in the car, when I saw the meat, I started to rethink about my vegetarian life. Why?

The Past
How did it start? On a boat to Helsinki. It was gammon, which was smelling delicious but I resisted. I even didn't recognize how close I was to eat it. Cihan told me after.
Then, again I was close. Somebody went to McDonalds after partying and bought a Happy Meal. On the way the three not vegetarian people started to eat the french fries. When coming to my place, the fries where half empty, I was hungry and this somebody asked me: "Are you hungry? I brought you something from McDonalds. I asked for a fish burger, but they said, they don't sell it at that time. So I bought a cheeseburger for you." Should I say thanks now? But I was close to eat it, because of being hungry and too lazy.
The Present
And then I saw the meat in the car, it was Irish meat (which maybe also was a reason to finally eat it), looked delicious. Later, I saw it on the barbecue, it was marinaded, smelled good, everybody eating it liked it.Then I was asked: "Do you want to eat?" I know Cihan was just joking, he always tries. But his and Buraks face was totally astonished when I said: "Yes". Cihan didn't want to be responsible if I maybe would regret it the day after. Burak also asked: "Are you sure" I was! And I tried a small piece, and I ate another piece, because it was delicious! Thanks to Burak the barbecue-master!The Future
I know that I'm not going to eat all kind of meat now, I just choose,.. Chicken maybe, some very low fat meat, no burger-meat... We'll see... Or better: I'll see!

3 comments:

  1. as long as you eat only plants, you will feel as much alive as a plant!!!
    -barbecue master-

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine was a vegetarian as well. But after seven years being a veg. he changed his mind and started his own well running meat business in ethiopia. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete